Innkeepers:Don and Jill Rose
Read unbiased opinions
vacations at TripAdvisor
Our spacious 1800s farmhouse features six lovely guestrooms and is the ideal place for your Vermont getaway. We are nestled into the quiet village of Taftsville but just minutes from downtown Woodstock, miles of biking and hiking, downhill and cross-country skiing, and a multitude of artisan craftspeople.
Innkeepers Jill and Don Rose will provide you with a warm welcome, afternoon tea with homemade baked goods, a gourmet breakfast, and recommendations on everything from local restaurants to the best shopping, day trips, and places of interest. Their Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Ginger, will greet you as a long-lost friend.
Our décor is elegant country, with wide pine floors, soft colors, fireplaces or potbelly stoves in most rooms, a fireplaced guest living room, and a side porch and large garden area for the summer months.
Where is Taftsville?
Taftsville is a village of Woodstock consisting of our inn, a general store/post office, and some houses. That’s it! You will feel as though you are away from it all, but you are, literally, minutes from everything.
Here are some things to know about our location:
• We are 3 miles east of downtown Woodstock (dining, shopping, crafts, art galleries, movie theatre, and more)
• We are 5 miles from downtown Quechee and 4 miles from Quechee Gorge (a must-see)
• We are 35 minutes from Killington Mountain, 15 minutes to Suicide Six Ski Area, and 10 minutes from miles of groomed cross-country trails
• We are only a few minutes from some of the best hiking and biking trails in the area
• Plymouth Artisan Cheese, where you can view the cheese-making process and sample local products, is 25 minutes from here
• The Taftsville covered bridge is about 2 minutes (walking) from the inn.
• We are 30 minutes from Dartmouth College
• Fun, easy day trips from our inn include Weston (where The Vermont Country store is located), Norwich (the King Arthur Flour store), and Hanover (Dartmouth College and a lovely downtown).
Named one of the most beautiful towns in America by Condé Nast Traveler in 2016, as well as one of Yankee Magazine’s 10 Best Winter Towns, Woodstock boasts a perfect village green and pristine New England architecture. The Kedron River runs through the center of town, which is full of restaurants, cafés, art galleries, artisan crafts stores, clothing and home décor boutiques, and—of course—Gillingham’s General Store, a fixture for 128 years.